The Entrance examination/Test for all IIM Institute is common i.e. Common Admission Test and this is popularly known as CAT. From past few years the Common examination test i.e. CAT has been switched to Online Examination followed by a GD and PI. So, Inorder to take admission into an IIM you need to crack the CAT exam and also GD and PI. The exam usually deals with problem solving, verbal ability, reading comprehension, logical reasoning and data interpretation. The no. of questions and pattern keep changing. It is no more a paper based test.
The application form for CAT 2011-2012 will start from the month of October. Latest updates for important dates and notifications, preparation tips, CAT 2010 question paper analysis, cutoffs, etc gives a lot of solution for that students who wish to crack the online Common Admission Test and wish to be admitted in Top Bussiness Colleges. CAT 2011 is a compulsory exam for take admission to MBA programs in Top Bussiness Colleges in India such as IIM-Ahmedabad (IIM-A), IIM-Bangalore (IIM-B), IIM Kolkatta (IIM-C), NITIE, MDI Gurgaon,etc.The results are declared in the month of January.
5 Tips to Crack the Online CAT Exam:-
1. Adopt a Strategy :- A planned strategy is the only route to success in CAT exam. Student should have their own time table for strategy and divide their time for all sections. The Expert advises that keep last of 15 days to revise questions which the students solved during their mock tests. A candidate should develop a strategy on which section and questions to cover first during the test and which latter and follow a technique on how to cover all finally.
2. Catch as any mock tests as possible :- It is very difficult to guess what types of questions will come in CAT paper and for this taking as many mock tests as possible is the best way to make a check of your preparation. With so many test preparation companies coming up with practice tests which are up to date with latest trends and syllabus. So, the mock tests are the best way to evaluate your performance and know where you stands at this time.
3. Get yourself with online format: The Online Paper format of exam of CAT is very new. So, candidates have to be very confident for the exam and how to take the paper. They have to be familiar with all sections and technicalities of the test. we are so used to taking the test with the help of paper and pen format, taking many online practice tests can help us to become familiar to online CAT exams.
4. Work on your speed: Speed is one of the key tool for especially when you wish to crack the Online CAT exa and score a very good percentile in CAT. It is too much necessary to take the speed in your mind as well as accuracy. The students have to fixed a plan for each sections of the question paper.
5. Know your points of weaknesses: No one can perfectly know their weak point. So, it is very important for the candidates to know their weak point and work hard to improve them.for the ENGLISH section the candidates should have able to focus on the ability to read and understand longer sentences on complex topics The candidates should know meaning of words, idioms and sentences. The Candidate should also pay attention in fundamentals.
So, the students have to cover all the sections with the help of their givn mock tests before sitting for the examination in the examination hall.